|Calling all heroes!
||[Sep. 15th, 2007|01:39 am]
All things Stephen Colbert
The Operation 1N team is preparing a special project about the Colbert Nation, and we need your help!
Visit us at operation1n.livejournal.com or comment here with any questions.
We are asking members of the Nation to introduce themselves in video clips so that we can include as many of you in the project as possible.
WHO WE ARE: Three dedicated members of Colbert's zombie army, who you've probably seen around LJ, OSCLA, TWOP and the Colboards...
WHAT WE WANT: A brief video of YOU—introduce yourself, tell us a story, confess your undying love for Stephen Colbert…
WHAT YOU NEED: A camcorder, webcam, digital camera with a video setting, or neighbor with a video camera and poor security system…
* Start your video by completing the following phrase: “Hi, my name is (your name), and I am a member of the Colbert Nation.”
* After you complete that sentence, you can have a party. Tell us about yourself, where you’re from and what you do. Be creative. Have fun. (We’ve included a list of questions below to get you started…)
* Keep your video under 5 minutes.
* Say the following in the video: “I allow you to use this video any way you see fit.” (This is not to scare people off but just to make sure we have permission to use everyone’s clips.)
* If you don’t want to answer a question, that’s okay. If you don’t want to use your real name, you can use your internet alias. Or you can use both.
* The video can be any of these formats: .asf, .avi, .wmv, MPEG1, .mpeg, .mpg, .m1v, .mp2. If your file is not one of the following, please get out of the stone age and use media-convert.com to convert it to an appropriate file type.
* When you are done, e-mail your video to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 5, 2007 @ 10 p.m.
* Where are you from?
* How old are you?
* What do you do? If you’re a student, what do you study and/or hope to do?
* When/how did you discover Stephen?
* What is the Colbert Nation, and why are you a member?
* How has Stephen improved your life?
* What other stories about attending a taping, meeting Stephen or anything else related to Stephen or the Nation do you have?
* What hijinks have you committed in the name of the Nation? Talk about your call to 1-888-OOPS-JEW. Talk about internet bombing, Wikipedia and the Hungarian bridge.
* Fill in your own question here...and answer it.
We look forward to meeting all of you heroes, so send those videos in!
Some heroes say they want to know more about the project, which is fair.
We are planning one of two things for the videos:
a) Use the collective bits of everybody's soul to create a super being and take over the world, or
b) Use the clips to create mini-videos that put a face (hopefully multiple faces) to the Colbert Nation, archive some of the fun stories I'm sure we all have and maybe even entertain. (The clips will be edited together and posted on YouTube. Made by the Nation for the Nation.)
We are undecided on which route to take.
Thanks for everybody's input so far. We don't want to come off as sneaky creepos. More questions are always welcome.
More on Operation 1N coming soon...
This is also crossposted, so you may see this more than once.
Agent Eneagled, Agent Freem, and Agent Superstantial.